Saturday, May 3, 2008

Many Happy Returns

As of an hour and a half ago, I was 27.

A year ago, I was sad and lonely and alone. I spent my birthday with my folks at the Museum of the City of New York seeing an exhibit on the Spanish Civil War. Then we had steak at the Old Homestead and I brought Mirah as my date. I was home by 8.

Now, I have my Slim and lots of wonderful friends and not much else to show for it. Still, I can't help but feel optimistic, somehow...if nothing else, Facebook does make one feel one's birthday. You don't like to admit it, but those birthday greetings on a wall feel nice.

Tomorrow I have brunch with the family, Slim, Charlie and Maeve at Balthazar. Slim has something planned for the rest of the day, I think.



GK4, former fiance, tells me the cats killed a bird. I have a bad feeling he isn't feeding them enough. Here's hoping his date went well tonight.

No comments: