Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday

Slim has his big financial exam tomorrow afternoon so I'm giving him a wide berth for studying. I also laid in Tollhouse cookies and some of those vegetable enchiladas he likes. I have had good luck with cookies lately; since I started melting the butter (I've been doubling the salt and adding very large hunks of walnut for years) the texture's been excellent - or at any rate, just the way I like them. I sometimes think Cook's promises of objective perfection are dicey when your definition of the platonic ideal differs from theirs, as in the case of banana bread. In case you can't tell, I'm very hungry. I've been looking at appealing/appalling casseroles on taste of home all morning and my yogurt is looking increasingly sad and lacking in Velveeta, ground beef and white sauce.

No comments: