Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Trench Coats


Someone asked me recently about trenches, and quite honestly I wish I had better answers, since I found my best one at a thrift store! But Eloise, who has the best trench collection of anyone, has found some real lookers at H&M. And if you can splurge, I saw a really lovely, minimalist, Parisian one at APC (of course.)

Sometimes when I am down I watch old episodes of Made on MTV.com. At first I liked the ones where nerds get made over into homecoming queens and such because I identified more with them (and "John is Made Into Prom King" is still my all time favorite)but lately I have branched out into "popular kid becomes brain" and I almost admire them more, because the challenges are arguably greater and because the motivation is very pure...although, because their challenges are very big things like learning robot science (shows what I know!) or debate, they don't tend to do quite as well. Whereas someone might just become prom queen, the "academic" challenges rarely rate more than a third or fourth place finish.

Deep thoughts, you see.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Adore trenches and am in the market (always) for The One. Charming photo on Gaunt Setter.

Unknown said...

Must should have!

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,19.html?type=0&look=11&piece=1&prevpiece=4%2C74&nextpiece=4%2C22

Anonymous said...

This depends around the material the artisan will
use for that band or chain. I priced the same item out
at Sears for above $50. They view gold like a solid asset that will always
buy food and transport and so the demand for gold rises.



Here is my blog post; alamona.org