Monday, January 10, 2011

Update

A little better! "Faithfull" just arrived in the mail, which hurts not at all...

2 funny things -- well, maybe not, we're all kindred spirits here -- but one of you mentioned Elizabeth Taylor, a STACK of whose novels, by chance, I'd just liberated from my parents' house. Meanwhile, as my friends can attest, I have been on a North and South binge for the past month, absolutely slavering over Mr. Thornton in the most undignified way!

I will report as the recs roll in!

5 comments:

Yoga Connected said...

Good to hear that about North and South. I "liberated" that dvd series from my mother at Christmas - and excited to begin it!

Vanessa said...

It was me who recommended the Elizabeth Taylor books! A girl in a bookshop kept telling me if I liked Nancy Mitford I'd love Taylor, so I was intrigued, but I'm yet to see any on shelves so I've just sort of stuck the idea at the back of my mind.
I'd love to hear how you get on!

Sadie Stein Blog said...

@Vanessa, am on "The Sleeping Beauty" -- will report! So far, not loving as I do Barbara Pym, but maybe that's an unfair comparison...

@YR Are you in for a treat! Prepare to fall in love ;)

bess said...

After watching North & South several times I'm finally starting the book. Picturing Richard Armitage as I'm reading makes it all the sweeter!

price per head said...

Please one more post about that.I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect