Friday, January 21, 2011

A Few Favorites


I'll admit it: I love any feature or blog post where people list their favorite products. I'm an absolute sucker for them. So, just for fun and not because anyone asked and mostly because I wanted to use that graphic, here are a few of mine!



Face: I use Nuxe products, which I recommend highly and not least because (as I learned at a recent beauty party) most of what we used is absolutely crammed with mineral oil -- aging AND unhealthy! -- and this line is not. Plus, the prices are fine, it smells good, it's pleasantly French, and the packaging doesn't bother me.


Perfume: I have worn Frederic Malle's "En Passant" for about 8 years now, with "Lys Mediterannee" for dressy occasions. What Malle did is get top parfumeurs to design scents to please themselves. In their boutiques, you smell the perfumes in these little chambers. They're exquisite, and there's something for every taste. The clerks are also remarkably knowledgeable.




Lingerie: I am very serious about my underpinnings and my favorite brand is Princesse Tam-Tam, although it's increasingly hard to find stateside. The best boutique, bar none, is Winkworth in Red Hook. They're nice and fun and low-pressure and passionate about lingerie. I also like Brooklyn Fox in Williamsburg.


Stockings: Wolford, of course! Their stay-ups really stay up!


Hair: I like the cuts at High Horse and I use Devachan, having curly hair.

11 comments:

Jen said...

I love favorites lists, too. I so can see you wearing En Passant! I also am a fan of Frederic Malle but am more of a Musc Ravageuer and Carnal Flower girl.

Ivy said...

Kristi at High Horse is my GIRL! I love what she does w. my Miley Cyrus Mane.

Amelie said...

Do you know about svpply.com? You'd love it. I'm actively obsessed with it.

Sadie Stein Blog said...

@Jen Ooh, I have a friend who wears JUST that combo! Lovely!!!

@Ivy She is amazing!

@Amelie -- I looked, and I DO!

RJ said...

I need curly hair tips! Need! Them!

Sadie Stein Blog said...

@RJ OK, I can tell you more of this in person over donuts BUT for starters, the Devachan products (albeit cloying, $$$ and disgustingly-named) really work.

Basically:

Don't use regular shampoo, or comb or brush your hair.

Wash
Condition
WITHOUT DRYING add "An-gel"
Dry, scrunching curls, with either paper towels or a tee shirt (no terry towel) and let air-dry (pr diffuse.)

I think one visit to Devachan is worth it, just for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll actually try the Nuxe moisturizer. I've been using Weleda, which is great for sensitive skin, but still leaves my face a little on the dry side. A peek at the Nuxe ingredients list makes me think this might do the trick. Thanks!

-Irene

Bonnie said...

I adore this kind of posts. Your list is both useful and charming. I'm a part-time Devechan user. The instruction was too patronizing and precious for my taste, but I do love the No-Poo. But I often blowout and when I do wear curls I actually like a little hunt of frizz...

Tooth Jewellery said...

Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck!!!

price per head said...

hey guys that,s really amazing posts...

andy said...

Thanks a lot. It really helps. A good, thorough artcile. I appreciate your efforts and time for the useful article best buy ink cartridges. Very rare we see a 'complete' information like this.