Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coast to Coast

Last night, I called my brother in L.A.

"How are you spending your days?" I said.

"Well," he replied, "Maeve has been shopping the line at boutiques. And I'm wearing that vintage sweater you gave me with the horse on it."

"Sounds productive," I said.

"Highly."


The good news is, they received the box of Catholic caramels I sent for M's 25th.

"Have you gotten our birthday present yet?" Charlie asked.

"No!"

"Well, that's probably because we haven't sent it. Or bought it. Or thought about it before now. Wait, Maeve is saying that's not true. She was going to send you some See's candy. But she forgot."

I suggested that because it's the thought that counts, maybe I could just order some for myself. We agreed this was probably the most effective plan.

No comments: