Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inadequacies


For the last 2 hours, have been torturing myself by going down the whimsical, lovely rabbit-hole of design-and-vintage blogs. You know the ones. All these beautiful girls with amazing vintage wardrobes who are either terribly hip and live in an amazingly ingenious apartment in Brooklyn or terribly romantic and live somewhere bucolic down south, all of whom seem able to craft and make anything, have beautiful, well-ordered lives and etsy stores and beautiful blogs into the bargain.

Ugh. I feel inadequate.

However! I have noticed it always adds a touch of class to post a vintage pic on one's blog. So. I give you my grandfather, Moe, with his girlfriend Anne. Before my grandmother.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

If it makes you feel any better about the ladies living down south, we sweat a lot. :) So while their blogs may be stylish, chances are, they are also kind of stinky for 9 months out of the year. :)

modernlover said...

I love Anne's expression, like it was only a matter of time before your grandmother came along.

Nicole said...

I know what you mean, I always feel that way too after spending too much time on those blogs. But I do believe that is the point...

Sadie Stein Blog said...

On the one hand, it's lovely to know there's so much loveliness and craftiness out there and people doing it right! On the other, disheartening to know that you're not!

Re: Anne, I think she looks like what our grandparents' generation would call "a neat gal." They stayed friends, and she and Grandma Yumma were friendly, too...

mandi said...

I live in Louisiana and I craft, but I always have these same feelings about you-that you are this terribly charming writer in New York with all these fun adventures. The bucolic South fantasizes about your savvy NY life :)

Sadie Stein Blog said...

Ha! @Mandi - I think it is the "blog effect" - you can't help but get a sort of picturesque impression when there is a "frame!"