Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Swoop, swoop. Baby rock, rock.

Here are some of the people I've ahd crushes on:

Reuven Malter: This was a major, major crush. Made it really hard to take an interest in any real 7th-Grade boys, none of whom were particularly gifted at Gemitriya or Talmud or even baseball, or were wonderfully kind to blind boys or adorable Orthodox fathers with hacking coughs.

Lou Reed: obviously. But he's out of my league. I mean, no one's gonna be into me AND Laurie Anderson.

Stephen Pastel: indie auteur, Glaswegian, research librarian.

Waiter at Barney Greengrass: the handsome one in black Chucks. This one is ongoing, by the way. And my friend Mike said the waiter knows it, which means I can never go back. As Mike said, 'he gave me a look that clearly said, 'I could sleep with your girlfriend.' (ed: going on the assumption that he thought I was Mike's gf) Guys know this shorthand. Of course, I also have a lurid imagination and a history of misinterpreting things.' '

No comments: