Monday, July 5, 2010

Thoughts On The Song "Janine"

2 things about the song "Janine" by Soul Coughing.

Once, a group of friends and I went to hear M. Doughty play at the Knitting Factory when it was in Manhattan. (This would be, probably, summer of 2000.) He ended with "Janine", and one member of my party was so overcome that she cried, to no one in particular, "I'm going to name my daughter Janine!" This same girl is the only person I know who actually grew up in Williamsburg, once told me that dancing with your feet planted was called "New York Style," and is now a full-time professional Christian.

The other thing: around that same period, I once called my then-boyfriend and, on his answering machine, left the whole a cappella girl part from "Janine." He said he found this creepy.

5 comments:

Color& Cut-Marion said...

I've just read part of your blog and had a nice time doing so. I thought it would only be polite to tell you. I'm looking forward to reading more!

Sadie Stein Blog said...

Thanks, Marion! Means a lot.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I can prove it. Write to me in Human Growth Hormone, we will communicate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this useful article.It is very generous of you for taking the time to discuss this workout routines

buy steroids said...

've just read buy steroids part of your blog and had a nice time doing so