Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Have You Ever Seen

Style by Jury, the makeover show on NBC? The premise is basically that of that awful TLC show, Ten Years Younger (strangers evaluate the makeover candidate pre-and post-makeover.) SBJ is Canadian, I think. It's very, very depressing - the candidates are somehow much worse off than on any other makeover show I've ever seen, maybe because they have come on the show voluntarily. They're very much in need of making over, true, but generally so beaten down, or nerdy, or unhappy, that you wonder how much help a week can provide.(And the makeovers aren't so great, frankly; the haircuts are always kind of frumpy, even when the women are very young.) For some reason, I can't stop watching it.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I will watch any makeover show I come across. I just haven't happened to come across that one.

I actually *might* be a guest consultant (?) judge (?) something on one of those shows soon. I will let you know if I do it and then I will NEVER watch it, to avoid dying from embarrassment.

Also, about yesterday's debacle:
I think you *are* suited for the new media and I'll tell you why. It's all about page views, clicks etc. And did you notice the insane number of views and comments your piece on picky eaters got?

So just keep writing, please.

Stefanie said...

The Canadian version is AMAZING. They always seem to choose people who are very naturally beautiful but who are hidden behind very dated hairstyles, bad teeth and baggy clothes. Once the makeovers are finished, they always look amazing.