Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fanfare



As some of you may know, I'm generally engaged to somebody or other. And as you may also know, this means I have a wedding dress in reserve. (I'm being flippant because it's all very fraught and serious and full of heartbreak and happiness, really.) Anyway, the dress is a stunner and was made by Mary Adams. I'm ashamed to admit that I totally missed the book she did with Amy Sedaris (whose whimsical frocks she makes) last fall, The Party Dress. I have ordered it. I doubt I can sew anything as gorgeous as all that, but even if it's just to learn more about this fascinating, indomitable lady and her story it'll be money well spent.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My blog:
finance rachat credit Rachat De Credit

Anonymous said...

I just looked at her website and apparently my dream of being a spinster in the 19th century getting a new frock/makeover at a dressmaker's isn't really dead? My day is made!

Amber said...

Gorgeous!

Sadie Stein Blog said...

@Anon Her gowns are truly works of art!

Sadie Stein Blog said...

Also, I would say "Flirty" #5 is closest in shape to my dress...

GHK said...

Hopefully it's still in good shape. There's only so much Miss Havisham that ought to be featured.

rent apartment Dubai said...

I have discovered your blog today and I love it!! You make very beautiful things and your tutorials are very good. I will add your blog to my list. Congratulations for your works!!

New Rock Songs said...

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve got a design here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Great job, indeed.
Top Country Songs
New Hip Hop Songs
Top Hip Hop Songs
Top Rock Songs
New Rock Songs

price per head said...

Hey, there's a great deal of helpful information above!

genuine_pills said...

art! i believe you can be an enterprenuer with this art